Thursday, April 29, 2010

You Know What?

Screw it.

After spending the last several days cleaning and de-Chaosing a bunch of CSM bits (and still having only done about half of them) I've decided that I am just going to go all in and build my Custodes army. I don't want to spend all this time converting these bits and then not even use them on what I really want to use them on.

The Wolves Templar, out. Adeptus Custodes, in.

To this end I've devised a fairly simple set of conversions for making normal power-armored Custodes with some fairly simple kitbashing + minor GS work. On the plus side, this means I can stop converting all of the heads, arms, and weapons I've been working on and focus exclusively on the legs and torsos. On the other hand though, it means all of the non-legs I've already converted are just wasted time. This kind of sucks, but it is what it is.

I'll have to figure out what to do about making Custodes Terminators, as well as heavy weapons Custodes, but I've got some ideas that I'll play with when I get done with all my normal marines. Terminators I only need about 5 or so of for any of the lists I'm trying to build, but the regular Custodes I'm going to need to do about 25 at the least I'm thinking.

When I get to the fun parts (ie, not cleaning the dozen or so sets of legs I have left to do) I'll put up some pictures and stuff on what I'm doing to make these guys. Before that, I will probably start posting some of the lists I've been playing with and what my reasonings are for what I've chosen. I definitely put flavor and personal preference ahead of 'ardness but being somewhat of a mathematician, I still like to make intelligent decisions where I can and squeeze in as much math as possible to back up my decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment