Friday, April 16, 2010

It Starts...

Here at this daunting precipice, I find myself at a loss for words. There are so many to choose from and a misstep here could be disastrous; first impressions are, as they say, everything after all. I suppose then that, for lack of anything particularly better, I should start with what I seek to accomplish with all of this.

Warhammer 40k is something that I have been enamored with for the better part of my life. Ever since my cousin told me of the game and gifted me with a single Ork model from his 2nd Edition box set the Christmas of too-long-ago-to-remember, I have always held a certain amount of interest in the game.

In the early days, I didn't quite understand it all (being a sub-10-year-old I can hardly blame myself) but I eventually inherited my cousin's collection of minis and began playing somewhat regularly at my FLGS. In these days I played Vanilla Space Marines painted in Blood Angels regalia. These were good times. The game was in 3rd edition then, and when it switched over to 4th I sort of fell out of it because I didn't like some of the newer rules and could never quite get the feel for it. However, a few years later I decided to begin the hobby anew with a Tau army.

I always thought the Tau looked pretty cool, but once I actually read into their fluff and playstyle, it was as if GW had said "Hey, Zheilt, this one's for you" so I naturally began collecting them. I managed to obtain a pretty good number of the little behooved fellows, but due to other things in my life only ever got to assemble about half of them, never finished painting any of them, and only really ever played a single 500 point game with them; that being the last game I've played in 2 years, and the first in about 3 at the time. I'll be graduating from college soon, so with all of the free time I am about to acquire, I would like to try to fix that.

Ultimately, my goal here is to facilitate that purpose. I hope that in having this resource, I will be more likely to continue gaming, and that in gaming I will be more likely to use use this resource. I'm not looking for readers, or heated 40k discussions. I'm not looking for internet drama, or to shoot out a ton of army lists, or anything like that. I'm just looking for a place to chronicle this journey, and to maybe post a batrep or two if I actually manage to start playing again. Though, I wouldn't necessarily turn down any of the aforementioned items. Well, maybe the internet drama.

First up, choosing my new army.

No comments:

Post a Comment