Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Conversion Woes

Before I get to do any of the fun stuff, I'm stuck cleaning and de-Chaos'ing all of the guys I currently have in preparation of turning them into members of The Wolves Templar. It's a barrel of laughs, let me tell you.

See there was once a time when I thought it would be pretty sweet to play Chaos; Nightlords, in fact. So, to that end, I bought up a bunch of mostly unpainted/unassembled guys from eBay and then never touched them again. Before putting any of them together, but after buying them all, I realized that I could never play a Chaos army. I just love the Emperor way too much. Maybe Alpha Legion, but even then I'd probably use C:SM instead of C:CSM because I know in my heart they're loyal to Him even still. Anyways, I now have something like 25 or 30 unaligned CSMs and about a dozen or so Khorne Berserkers that I am trying to convert into brothers of The Wolves Templar.

I'll probably end up putting a bunch of them on eBay and using the revenue to buy regular tac squads.  Some of these guys are just too ornately Chaos to convert. I wholly expect most of my Berserkers-sans-heads, and all of my terminators, raptors, and deamon lords will go this route. After playing Tau I can definitely appreciate all the tiny details that went into these guys, but trying to remove it all is proving to be quite the time-sink.

Cons:
1)It's going to be a while before I get to do anything fun. (ie: paint/convert stuff)

Pros:
1)I get to save some money.
2)A lot of the CSM power armor looks really cool compared to normal Space Marines. Some of the legs/shoulders are especially neat and should provide me with some decently flavorful variation in my models.

2 > 1, so here I am scraping all of the little arrow-heads off of these pieces. In the end, it will all be worth it...

It will all be worth it.......

...all be worth it......

No comments:

Post a Comment