Monday, November 29, 2010

Awkward Absence

Ok, well, hi.

It's sort of been a while, but there's a very good reason for that.

The last two weeks at my job have been incredibly stressful because they've been the last two weeks at my job. I work in software development and I've been going crazy trying to get everything finished up and/or getting everyone trained to take over my projects.

It's a happy last two weeks since I'm moving to a better job*, but it has still been stressful. It's left me with very little energy to do much of anything after getting home from work, and that's where I've been all this time.

I've been trying to keep up to some degree with the blogosphere in comments and such, but a combination of the previously described issue and the fact that everyone seems to be moving to Word Press which is very difficult to read from my computer at work and actually impossible to comment on, means that I've only barely been able to do that.

I've got some old (incredibly old, at this point) backlogged posts that I've written but not published that I could have gotten on here to schedule, but I just haven't had the motivation. That and I would have felt bad scheduling posts knowing that I wasn't actually here just to make it look like I was.

I'm still feeling fairly burnt out at this point, but my last day is tomorrow (Tuesday) and my first day is next Monday, so hopefully the extra-long weekend will revitalize me. Anyone have any advice on getting back in the saddle after so long?

============================================

* - Perhaps "better" isn't the best word. My old job is quite good, the new one is just a better opportunity for me and pays better. Wouldn't say either is "better" at this point.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have a job to go to- good luck at the new place, and hope you're back to yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reorganize your gaming stuff.

    It will help you reacquaint yourself with all your hobby materials, and also let you have some "I forgot I had THAT..." moments.

    Plus you'll have a better mental map of what you have, and therefore what you can do with it.

    ReplyDelete